Sunday, March 23, 2014

Business and Web Design


This (Faith Builders)  is a website that I designed with HTML and CSS in Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. Web graphics were made in Adobe Photoshop CS3-CS6. I also did the photography/graphics/package designs for the products. Book layouts were done in Adobe InDesign CS4. DVD/CD covers were made in Adobe Photoshop CS3-CS6. Videos were created in Pinnacle Studio 14 (since it was before I learned Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut). The shopping cart was (I disabled it now, since I'm not selling anything) CartThrob, and the content management system was ExpressionEngine2.

I also learned how to acquire ISBN and barcode rights, as well as edit the book text for grammar and punctuation. Setting up a promotional table at a homeschool convention was one of the most unique experiences I encountered while working on this project. And integrating a shopping cart with the website was the most challenging. Coding for hours hurts my brain. But, it was a great learning experience that I hope will also bless other people. Thanks to my dad for writing the books! He has a heart to help others learn and grow. And thanks to my mom for recording the audio and putting in countless hours in a quiet room with a microphone and Pro Tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment